This competency related to the person making decisions authoritatively and wisely, after considering all forms of action.
- Recognizes when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the next higher level of expertise.
- Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action.
- Considers alternative available actions, resources, and constraints before selecting a method for accomplishing a task or project.
- Refrains from "jumping to conclusions" based on no, or minimal, evidence; takes time to collect facts before decision-making.
- Appropriately balances needs and desires with available resources and constraints.
- Considers the long-term as well as immediate short-term outcomes and actions.